Confirmation is administered to students at the end of the 8th Grade after they have completed a full course of study at the 6th and 7th grade levels. New students who wish to enter the 8th Grade will be given an assessment to determine their proper grade placement.
The list of students who will be receiving First Penance, First Holy Communion, and Confirmation during the school year will be finalized at the beginning of each school year. Please note the required meetings, the documents, and the fees for each sacrament listed on page 9 in the Religious Education Handbook. Documents and fees must be submitted to the Religious Education Office by October 31. If the required documents and fees are not submitted by October 31, the student will not be placed on the list to receive the sacrament(s) in the spring.
The requirements for students in the FIRST YEAR of preparation are:
- Completed Sponsor Form
- Completed Confirmation Patron Saint Q & A
- Sacramental Enrollment Promise signed by student and a parent.
- Half an hour of adoration each week
- Year-end assessment with a passing grade of 75% or above.
The requirements for students in the SECOND YEAR of preparation are:
- Must be able to recite the Our Father and the Apostles Creed
- One hour of adoration each week
- Attendance at the Confirmation Retreat
- Year-end Assessment with a passing grade of 75% or above.
Parents/guardians are required to attend the Confirmation meeting (see Religious Education calendar).